Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teetering on the Edge

I have been planning lately to start a multi-part series on religion because that's a topic that frequently has my mind whirring. I even have three or four pieces mostly written. But I can't seem to work up the nerve to post them. Maybe it's that old admonishment about avoiding discussion of religion and politics. Maybe it's that I know I don't know anything about anything. Maybe I don't want to be perceived as trying to shove my view down anyone else's throat (it's MUCH better to shove cookies and scones down other people's throats!). Or maybe I'm just delaying the inevitable "heretic" label that I will surely earn. So, please be patient with me. I'll either work up the nerve or I'll write something else!

1 comment:

  1. This is your blog.
    This is where you are working out what you think.
    This is your platform and your microphone.
    Your perception of reality is just as valid as mine.

    I guess it depends on what you are blogging for...is it to earn someone else's approval, or to earn your own approval of yourself?

    The things I have been most afraid to post have been some of the best received and helpful to others. I'm not promising anything, but you won't know until you try.

    ReplyDelete

If you have something mean to say, please say it nicely!