Friday, May 20, 2011

Healthy Cookie Experiment #1


These are my first stab at trying to capitalize on my cookie addiction by filling cookies with all the healthy things I SHOULD be eating.  These came out a little gummy, quite heavy, and tasting, well... healthy.  But Tessa liked them and they're kind of growing on me.  Everyone says they need more sugar.  Must work on texture next time -- hard to accomplish with only 2 tablespoons of olive oil!

Model #1 contains:

1 grated zucchini
2 grated carrots
1/2 cup raisins

1 diced Granny Smith apple
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups oats
1 /2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup sorghum
1 cup of the pear juice that my canned peaches were packed in
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 egg
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Next time I think I'll add applesauce, banana, canned pumpkin, honey and baking soda (instead of baking powder).  Maybe walnuts too!

Any suggestions?

I'm kind of glad you can't taste them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something mean to say, please say it nicely!